Ginger Teriyaki Turkey Lettuce wraps
This is a pretty easy meal...taste good, easy ingredients I usually have. It is something light and also works for an appetizer if you ever need one!
( also...I didn't do the carrot thing they make you do in this recipe with the water??? I just dumped in some shredded carrots with the mushrooms.
find the recipe here
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (20-ounce) package lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, separated into leaves
- Hoisin sauce (optional)
Cook carrots and 1/2 cup water in a large nonstick skillet over high heat, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes or until carrots are softened and water is evaporated. Remove from skillet.
Reduce heat to medium. Cook turkey in skillet about 5 minutes, stirring until turkey crumbles and is no longer pink. Add carrots, mushrooms, and next 8 ingredients. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes. Add green onions, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Spoon mixture evenly onto lettuce leaves; roll up. Serve with hoisin sauce, if desired.