The Best Buttercream Icing
I like sweets... but I don't love cake. However, I came across this icing recipe with friends when we were making an impromptu cake with few ingredients. I CAN NOT stop thinking about it. We had extra and we kept eating it out of the container. The texture was GREAT, I did some piping details on the cake and it worked wonderfully.
You gotta try this one!!
Also...I only had regular butter and the buttery flavor was insane! I used Almond milk!
- 1 cup dairy-free soy margarine (or anothe dairy-free butter substitute)
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon plain unsweetened almond milk (or soymilk)
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, cream the soy margarine until fluffy, or for about 2 minutes.
- Add the confectioners' sugar gradually, beating at a low speed until combined.
- Turn up the speed to high, add the remaining ingredients, and beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Chill slightly before using to frost Dairy-Free Cakes, Dairy-Free Cupcakes, or other appropriate desserts.