Leek, Spinach and Chicken Pasta
So Mark has a shellfish allergy so I make this meal with chicken and its has become one of my favorites!
Its pretty easy and the sauce always turns out pretty great! When I make the chicken I just grill it with salt and pepper and a little lemon juice.
Recipe from here...let me know how it goes with the shrimp! https://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/shrimp-leek-spinach-pasta
- ¾ pound gemelli, fusilli, or other short pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts only), halved lengthwise then crosswise
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp (raw)
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces baby spinach (about 12 cups)
Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the leeks have softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
Add the shrimp and lemon zest and cook, tossing frequently, until the shrimp is opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes more.
Add the cream and ½ teaspoon salt to the pasta in the pot and cook over medium heat, stirring, until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the shrimp mixture and the spinach and toss to combine.