Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
Ok...this one is good. I freaking love this dressing.
So I simplify it by buying pre made crispy chicken strips and basically you just need to make the dressing and heat up the chicken and BAM! you are done!
But this dressing....so good.
I found the recipe here https://thecozyapron.com/honey-mustard-chicken-chopped-salad/
• 1 pound chicken breast tenders, sliced in half lengthwise to create thinner strips
• Black pepper
• ¼ cup Honey-Mustard Dressing (recipe follows below)
• 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
• ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 eggs, whisked
• Canola or vegetable oil, for shallow frying
• 3 hearts romaine, chopped into bite-size pieces
• 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
• ½ cup toasted, sliced almonds
• ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
Honey Mustard Dressing Ingredients:
• ½ cup mayonnaise
• ¼ cup sour cream
• ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
• 3 tablespoons, heaping, honey
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
• 1 teaspoon, heaping, dried tarragon leaves
• ¾ teaspoon, plus a pinch, salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• ¼ cup olive oil
Add the chicken to a medium size bowl, and sprinkle over a couple of good pinches of salt and pepper, plus the ¼ cup of Honey Mustard Dressing; allow the chicken to marinate for at least 15 minutes, or even a couple of hours, if you have the time.
-Once ready to shallow fry, combine the panko and the parmesan in a small bowl, and set aside for just a moment.
-Allow any excess marinade to drip off the chicken, then dredge each strip in the flour, then dip into the whisked eggs, and dredge in the panko and parmesan mixture; place the strips onto a clean plate or platter.
-Add enough oil to a large skillet or pan to come up about 2” (enough to shallow fry), and turn the heat on medium-high; once the oil is hot, add a few of the breaded chicken strips into the oil, and fry for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden-brown and cooked through; repeat until all strips are fried.
-Once the strips are slightly cool, chop into bite-size pieces.
-To assemble the salad, add the chopped romaine greens, the cherry tomatoes, the sliced almonds, and the cilantro to a large bowl, and drizzle in some of the dressing; toss the coat, then divide equally among plates, and top with some of the crispy chicken, drizzled with a little extra dressing, if desired.
Add all of the ingredients up to and including the black pepper into the bowl of a food processor, and process until smooth; then, with the processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until well blended and emulsified.